Q: Information on replacement parts

I recently purchased a used Jeep Wrangler and was suggested to replace the front brake pads and left-front wheel bearing. I was wondering do I need to look for a stock wheel bearing or is aftermarket fine? I don't know the make of the brake pads, is there anything wrong with going out and just buying aftermarket brake-pads?

Hi, thanks for writing in. There are a vast variety of companies out on the market that make aftermarket brake pads and wheel bearings for nearly every car on the market including your Jeep. Just be sure to identify the proper application for your make and model when purchasing. If you’d like help replacing these parts, consider having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and replace your wheel bearings and brake pads.

3. Information on replacement parts