Q: Code c0040 ABS

asked by on February 14, 2017

The code c0040 keeps popping up and I replaced both front speed sensors

Hi there. Typically the Chevrolet unique code of C0040 is an indicator of an ABS sensor or module problem. You might want to review this video on how many mechanics diagnose the source of this issue and resolve it with a digital scanner.

Hello. General motors of that era have a high reputation for having a fault in the wheel speed sensor wiring harness. If the wheel speed sensors were replaced and both hubs appear to be fine then I would suggest carefully inspecting the wiring. A wheel speed sensor wire being broken or disconnected is a widespread occurence on your particular vehicle.