Q: IMS and Check Engine light comes on and off

asked by on February 20, 2017

Bought the car not quite long, then the IMS and check engine light came on , I took it backto the dealership where they changed all 3 catalytic converters. Lights went off only to come back .I took it to auto zone and it came up that battery pack need to be change and #1 cylinder misfire. I have so far change the battery pack and spark plugs.now the IMS light comes on and off but the check engine light stays on. Because of this the car consumes a lot of gas.

Hi there. Hybrid vehicles are incredibly complex to diagnose and service; which is why we always recommend having the dealership perform diagnostic and repair services on these vehicles. This is probably why the repairs that Auto Zone recommended had no effect on the big picture issue you’re having. I wish we could help here, but I believe your best option is to have the local Honda dealers inspect IMS warning light issue.