Q: Ignition wouldn't get out of lock position. Do I need barrel and lock assembly?

Ignition switch wouldn't get out of lock position. Do I need to get the barrel and the lock assembly. I was told I only need barrel???

Hello there, many faults will cause your ignition switch on your 2008 Kia Rio to not move from the lock position. The most common would be a worn key, ignition switch, key cylinder, key transponder, or a wiring harness fault.

Once the vehicle is diagnosed you will be able to determine what all parts are needed instead of potentially making an unnecessary repair. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose the issue with your ignition key and make any repairs required to resolve the issue. Best of luck.

• Ignition wouldn't get out of lock position. Do I need barrel and lock assembly?