Q: Ignition wouldn't get out of lock position. Do I need barrel and lock assembly?

Ignition switch wouldn't get out of lock position. Do I need to get the barrel and the lock assembly. I was told I only need barrel???

Hello there, many faults will cause your ignition switch on your 2008 Kia Rio to not move from the lock position. The most common would be a worn key, ignition switch, key cylinder, key transponder, or a wiring harness fault.

Once the vehicle is diagnosed you will be able to determine what all parts are needed instead of potentially making an unnecessary repair. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose the issue with your ignition key and make any repairs required to resolve the issue. Best of luck.

3. Ignition wouldn't get out of lock position. Do I need barrel and lock assembly?