Q: Ignition switch or starter?

When we turn the key the lights come on but when we turn the key all the way it makes a click noise then does not start.but it cranks sometimes but it takes about 5-10 min to crank.we just replaced the battery with a new one but we are wondering if it is the starter or ignition switch? Or other?

If the starter is accessible, grab a friend and maybe a small hammer. While one of you attempts to crank the engine, have the other lightly tap the starter with the hammer. If it starts, the most likely cause is the starter. If has what we refer to as a "dead spot" in the windings and is not letting power get through whenever the starter stops spinning on that spot. Have a certified technician check the vehicle as to why it will not crank