Q: Ignition replacement 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Replaced lock cylinder, it came with new keys. The car will start, but the panel says'no key' and the car dies right away. .Is there a trick? Or something else I need to replace?

Hello - the new keys and the security transponder which reads them must be programmed to be "in sync" with each other. You may also find that holding one of the old keys near the dash, while turning the ignition with the new key will work just fine. Not convenient, and not secure - but that’s how these keys work. The transponder is "paired" with a specific set of keys. You will need to seek out a Jeep Service Center with the equipment to perform this "pairing" process.

3. Ignition replacement 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee