Q: Ignition

Long story short I lost my keys and had to brake my steering wheel lock to have my dad tow me home. What I need to know, what is the button above the ignition that you have to push that allows you to turn the key from accessories to lock called it broke in the process and I also was wonder what I have to buy to get a new one. I need a new ignition cylinder i know that much but have no idea what I need or what that button mechanism is called

A: It looks like your best option may be to re...

It looks like your best option may be to replace the entire steering column assembly. I have been referencing and cannot find the button you are mentioning. However, this component is typically called the ignition key release. It may not be a serviceable part and that may be why I cannot find it. Village Toyota has wonderful diagrams that have enlarged views of every assembly of your Toyota. I use them as a resource for locating hard to find parts. If you would like to have your car's ignition serviced, we can inspect your ignition assembly first to make sure that the correct repair is made.