idler pulley mdx 2004 v6-3.5l compressors acura

Q: idler pulley

asked by on October 17, 2017

My A/C condensor locked up and I heard that I might be able to just replace the pulley system without having to replace the condensor. Is this accurate? Would that be a idler pulley replacement? Can I replace the idler pulley without fixing the condensor? I do not care about the A/C working.

I think you mean the a/c compressor is seized and not the condenser. You will need to get an a/c compressor bypass kit and the compressor can then be removed and a pulley in its place. The problem is these kits cost close to what it would be to just repair the a/c system. I suggest getting a/c diagnosed and quoted and then get a quote to install the bypass kit and you will see it is best to just repair the a/c system.