Q: I was told my water pump housing gasket is what's leaking . But it's not near the water pump.

It's on the right side of center as you face the open engine compartment, near the top of the motor. I need to get the right gasket and swap it out. I need to sell this awesome running car. I've has it 14 months and I'm needing a part number or correct name of the gasket I need ASAP.

Hi, thanks for writing in. Once the cooling system is pressure tested, you may see that the intake manifold is leaking from the coolant crossover tube for the intake, or the intake gasket is leaking. The intakes that have the older style plastic coolant cross over will crack and leak down the front of the motor and onto the back of the alternator. The intake and gasket will need to be replaced. The newer style intake will have an aluminum coolant cross over tube and does not crack, but the gasket may leak and need to be replaced. Inspect the coolant leak when system is pressurized and locate the leak and repair as needed. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

• I was told my water pump housing gasket is what's leaking . But it's not near the water pump.