Q: I was told I need a serpentine belt during a brake inspection but want to be sure.

I'm hearing little noise now like something dragging a little? Also sometimes when I press the brakes it's like a rubber band sound or something I can feel something under my foot bounce back a bit at times

A: Hello and thank you for contacting YourMech...

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic.
If you are hearing something being dragged under the vehicle, it probably is the under cover to the engine that has popped down and is dragging on the road. You can take the cover and reconnect it to the vehicle or zip tie it up to secure it from dragging. If it is damaged, then you would need to replace the cover. If the brake pedal is bouncing back at you and you feel it on the pedal, then the ABS system is being active. Depends on how hard you step on the brake pedal, the ABS (Anti-Lock Brake System) will activate to prevent the wheels from locking up. If the ABS is activating when the brake pedal is slightly pressed, then the system has an input error and needs to be checked. Check the wheel sensors for any looseness or if they are broken. Then check the module for any wires cut or damaged. Most of the time, a wheel sensor tends to get medal on the magnet part and needs cleaned to stop the ABS from activating early. If you need assistance with diagnosing your brake system, then seek out a professional, preferably a professional from Your Mechanic to help you with your vehicle.