Q: I was driving home and came to a stop light and it just stalled and refuse to start.

I was recently driving my Econoline 250 van home and I came to an intersection stopped at the light and all of a sudden it stalled I try starting it it will not start, the fuel pump is turning on and getting fuel to the fuel filter and I'm getting the ignition I'm getting a spark from the ignition coil. Someone told me maybe my cooling temperature sensor I don't know I have new spark plug wires a new distributor new spark plugs new rotor and cap I don't know why it won't start? I sprayed starting fluid in the intake were my breather filter is and it still won't start.

A: From what you've described, there may b...

From what you've described, there may be a piece of carbon lodged in the EGR valve. This can cause a stall and hard start conditions. This accounts for the vehicle having fuel pressure and spark still.

Try to see if the EGR valve is stuck by holding the throttle at full throttle to see if it starts. If it still does not start then the distributor would need to be checked to see if the ignition module has failed. You can do this by disconnecting the timing connector near the ignition module or the battery.

The spark should also be checked at the spark plugs to make sure you did not just have a bad rotor or cap.

If you need help with these checks, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to you in order to properly diagnose your starting issue and fix the problem accordingly.