Q: I' trying to start my vehicle and it made a loud clacking noise and the battery is drained

Is it the starter or a slow drain

A: Hello. If the vehicle produced a clicking c...

Hello. If the vehicle produced a clicking clacking sound when the key was turned then it may be possible that the battery or starter are the issue. A faulty, or low battery will cause the starter to click if it does not have enough power for the starter to properly engage. It may also be possible that the starter is worn, and can no longer properly engage, in which case it will need to be replaced. I would test the battery to see if it needs to be charged, and if it is still producing enough power to meet the vehicle's requirements. If the battery is good then it may be possible that the starter is the issue.

Recommended services
Get a Quote