Q: I think my car misfired but I'm not sure

Yesterday morning I drove my car to work with no issue. The check engine light came on but after about 10mins it went off. When I returned to my car about 2 hrs later to drive home, I started my car & a loud rattling sound came from the engine. I sat for a minute and then the sound started to dull so I decided to drive home. As I was driving the rattling was getting worse and the whole car started jerking every couple of seconds. When I tried to accelerate it was lagging. So I pulled over & checked the motor oil. It needed oil so I added a quart & let it sit for 10 mins. I tried to start it & the sounds were worse & more of a puttering sound & the lights on the dashboard were going in & out, the battery & coolant light came on & check engine light started flashing. I turned the car off then on & it won't start. Only clicks and the check engine light is steady and battery light is on.

Hi there. Quite honestly, this could be several different issues, ranging to an ignition system component failure, like a crankshaft position sensor or ignition coil failure, to internal engine component issues. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location as soon as possible to complete a car is hard to start inspection. This will allow them to pinpoint the source of your issues and recommend the right repairs.

3. I think my car misfired but I'm not sure