Q: I start car and it dies off if I don't give it gas same with driving

I just bought this car last week and when I start it it usually fires right up but I need to give it gas to keep it running or it will stall out, like sputter kinda I'm not sure what it could be at all honestly it drives fine when I have gas going to it but if I have to stop at a light it will stall unless I keep gas going to it

A: If the carburetor choke is not operating co...

If the carburetor choke is not operating correctly or the fuel enrichment valve is bad, then it will cause the problem you're describing. You may need to have the carburetor replaced or overhauled by a qualified mechanic. Also, a mechanic can replace the defective parts in the carburetor if necessary. However, re-manufactured carburetor if available should come with these parts working okay.

The vehicle will also require a tune up when the carburetor is replaced. If you need help getting this repair done, reach out to a certified mechanic who can replace your carburetor.