Q: Car jerks hard when put in reverse

My car jerks hard when I put it in reverse. I've been told it is my motor mounts.

If your car jerks when you put it into reverse, that could possibly be caused by your motor mounts. Worn motor mounts will not support the engine, and it will move when throttle is applied. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to inspect both the engine and the transmission mounts, as the failure of either can cause the vehicle to jerk. They will be able to replace any transmission mounts for you if this is confirmed as the correct repair.

3. Car jerks hard when put in reverse