Q: I replaced my shift solenoid B becuase it was stuck open well this shade tree mech did it now my tranny wont shift

transmission wont shift shift solenoid was changed I think shift points need to be set ?

Hello. The most common problem with the use of a shade tree mechanic is they tend to use substandard parts. Cheaper parts often lead to expensive repairs. This concept is easy to sell if you explain the likely hood of a cheaper part to fail and require the repair to happen again and your, the customer will again be left on the side of the road.

The inside of transmissions have wires that become brittle because of there exposure to ATF. (automatic transmission fluid). It is very easy to damage these wires as well as there is a high potential for pinching said wires. It is very common for there to be wiring harness issues that look like there is a component problem. In the act of replacing the solenoid, this condition may have been made worse. What needs to happen next is for someone to do some sound diagnosis and to double check the repair. Regardless of who had done this repair, I believe that this should be double checked. A diagnosis of the shifting problem will require a scanner, wiring diagrams, an experienced technician and a test light.

• I replaced my shift solenoid B becuase it was stuck open well this shade tree mech did it now my tranny wont shift