I replaced my battery car started up, ran for 20 minutes ...

Q: I replaced my battery car started up, ran for 20 minutes shut off now won't start back up again

asked by on June 24, 2017

Car just one day working. Tried jump it nothing work. Went and had battery checked came back bad battery bought a new one, car started up ran 20 min turned off tried to start back up all i get is the same one click noise and nothing

Hi there. It’s quite possible that the battery cables are also faulty; which tends to happen after 5 years of use. If your battery cables have not been replaced, it’s a good idea to have them replaced. However, it is also possible that an ignition relay or fuse may have been damaged after jump starting the vehicle. It would be smart to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection before spending any more money on repairs that might not work.