Q: I replaced my balljoints upper and lower on both sides but now the ball joints don't sit against the control arms

I replaced my upper and lower balljoints and the ball joint dust boots don't sit against the hub assembly. There is a gap between the top of the assembly and the ball joint boot and there is a gap from the lower balljoint boot and lower point of the hub assembly and I want to know how to fix it. Because it is causing them to leak grease.

Hello, and thank you for writing in. Without having the vehicle to inspect, it is difficult to tell. The assembly of the hub and control arms to the ball joints can be difficult, and making sure it goes back exact is critical. There was likely a mistake made when reassembling the components. The replacement could have also been a mismatch depending on where you got it from. Without taking it in, or having us out to inspect it, you should start by taking wheel and rotor back off, and giving it a full visual inspection, of not attempting to realign it. Make sure you are following torque specifications on the repair as well. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I replaced my balljoints upper and lower on both sides but now the ball joints don't sit against the control arms