Q: I recently had a mechanic replace the throttle body sensor on my 2007 Dodge Charger. It has been running fine until lately.

The light will start blinking at any given time, mainly when I stop, so I turn off the car and turn it back on. It disappears but I'm not sure how serious this issue is. I replaced the throttle sensor about a year ago but not sure what the issue could be. If I'm forced to go to the dealership, can I approve only a certain amount of time for a diagnostic since they seem to be fairly high with labor cost

Hi there. Get a code reader and check the codes that the computer has stored. This will give you a location on your vehicle to check for the fault that is causing the engine light to flash. A flashing check engine light means that a component is failing or has stopped sending a signal at that moment. The code will be a pending code only and may have a history code if the issue has happened before. Also, since you have changed the throttle position sensor a year ago, check the sensor to see if the harness is hooked up and has no moisture on the terminals. If you need further assistance with your check engine light flashing, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• I recently had a mechanic replace the throttle body sensor on my 2007 Dodge Charger. It has been running fine until lately.