Q: I need to know the tempature difference inside a car (car turned off and windows are up) and outside a car during the summer

I need to know the tempature difference inside a car (car turned off and windows are up) and outside a car during the summer

A: Hi, thanks for your question. I’d be happy ...

Hi, thanks for your question. I’d be happy to provide my insight. You may notice as much as a 40 or 50 degree (Fahrenheit) increase from the inside and outside the car in the summer. You can try and put an oven thermometer in the car and see how hot your car gets. This is why the AC takes a while to cool the inside of the car. The color of the car and interior color and material will also make a difference on how hot it gets. Here is also an article by us on how to quickly cool down a car on a hot day. Hope this helps and best of luck!