Q: I need to know if I am being ripped off

I am having a mechanic work on my car, I am getting a solenoid changed out that controls the timing chain and or cams. I feel as though I am being jerked around and want to know how long it should be taking to change out the part. I am aware the top end is probably going to be taken apart for this job possibly.

They sell a kit for $85 via Bonanza for your Audi A4.

A timing chain solenoid replacement usually calls for about ~5.1 hours of labor which can average out to around $100 per hour. So I would expect around $800 with other expenses such as synthetic oil, coolant, and various other items which come along the way.

3. I need to know if I am being ripped off