Q: I'm looking at buying this car online, but it needs a timing belt and valves fixed. What can I expect to pay to have it fixed?

Looking at a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse spider that needs the timing and valves fixed, how much would it be to get fixed?

A: Depending on the internal damages from the ...

Depending on the internal damages from the broken timing belt you may be looking at a complete engine replacement if the valves put holes in the tops of the pistons. This could have happened if the engine was running at high speed when the timing belt broke. You may at the very least have to replace the timing belt and cylinder head. The cylinder head may have been damaged when the valves bent and need to have it replaced. You would need to have the cylinder head removed at the very least to have it inspected for damages to the head and the tops of the pistons. If pistons are damaged then the rods may have been bent. A replacement engine would be needed.