Q: I'm looking at buying a used 2005 Jeep grand Cherokee limited v8 hemi. But AC doesn't work and dealer said this to me " � It has

Looking at a used car to buy. Dealer said AC not working but would only cost a couple hundred to fix and this "It has a new compressor, we tried Charging it and it seemed to be leaking from one joints, maybe one if the o rings was installed wrong or pinched." So could this be a small $200 job like he said or a bigger a problem? If he just paid for new compressor than why would this happen?

Air conditioning problems can be frighteningly expensive, and sometimes, if there are numerous problems, the repairs seem to go on and on as you track down one small leak after another. Unless you really want THIS car, i’d move on. It’s obvious that the dealer has decided that repairing the AC will be expensive enough that he will not make a profit on the car. I don’t see why you shouldn’t be able to find a used car on which everything is working. When you find a car that you’re interested in, you can contact Your Mechanic for a Pre-Purchase inspection. They can send a technician to your home or office or to the location of the car to check it out for you and tell you if it’s worth buying.

3. I'm looking at buying a used 2005 Jeep grand Cherokee limited v8 hemi. But AC doesn't work and dealer said this to me " � It has