Q: I just put in a new ECM in my 1999 Dodge avenger now it rough idels and shifts hard or lags

I just put in a new ECM and now when I start car it rough idels or u have to hit gas pedel to keep running. Once going down road it shifts really hard or lags behind . Is there something specific I have to do

It is very likely that an ECM reflash will be necessary to resolve this issue. When the ECM gets replaced, the vehicle essentially loses all of its memory. The reflash will program the ECM to your vehicle allowing it to drive properly. I would recommend consulting with your local Dodge dealership to determine if the reflash service will be necessary to fix this problem.

3. I just put in a new ECM in my 1999 Dodge avenger now it rough idels and shifts hard or lags