Q: I just got my transmission replaced, and then my check engine light comes. Could that have something to do with the light?

I just got my transmission replaced, and then my check engine light comes. Could that have something to do with the light? Before my cars gear shift would get stuck from park to drive, but that disappeared after I got a new transmission. And it recently did it again a couple of times.

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in about your...

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2003 Honda Accord. If you had your transmission just replaced, then your light may be on for the transmission. The light could still be on for another reason. I would have the system scanned to get the code and see if it is for a transmission problem or for another reason. Sometimes when a major repair is done something can come loose or is not connected correctly.