Q: I just got done rebuilding my 318 and it won't start.

we rebuild the motor and she wont fire. there is gas going to the motor and has a good spark. the motor is in timing and still wont start. only thing new we did to the motor was we put a new low end torque cam with new lifters.

In order to diagnose this problem you should bring cylinder number one up on its compression stroke and then the crankshaft on top dead center. Remove the distributor cap and make sure the rotor is pointing to number one cylinder. If the timing is set correct then I would suggest a compression test to see if the compression is with in specifications on all cylinders. I have seen where the lifters were installed dry instead of soaking them in oil and exercising them in the oil to get them pumped up and air out of them. If this is not done then the valves will not open until the lifters get pumped up with oil. This may take extra cranking to get compression. Have all the spark plugs removed and crank the engine for 15 seconds and let sit for 30 seconds to cool the starter. Keep doing this until the lifters pump up and you get good compression in the cylinders. Then put plugs back in and it should start.