Q: i have to replace catylictic

my check engine light came on and i pulled code and it stated that my catylictic converter was bad but car still runs good no decreases in performance my question is do i have to change catylitic converter right away or can i do a full tune up and wait until i have the money to pay for it what is your recommendations

A: The Check Engine Light for the converter wa...

The Check Engine Light for the converter was most likely a code for the rear O2 sensor indicating a fault with the converter. If your car is running okay, then you may not have a bad converter but a bad sensor. You should have the sensor checked by a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to see if the catalytic converter or oxygen sensor need to be replaced.