Q: I have no power at all to my factory radio. I've disconnected battery n waited got nothing all my fuses are good an still nothing

I installed a line converter to my factory radio head unit after it was all done I tried to test it and had no power at all to my radio. I've disconnected battery for 15 min an tried again an got nothing all my fuses are good I'm lost an refuse to pay 110$ for the dealership to do it. I've got the procedure to unlock and the procedure to disable the theft lock feature but in the steps it says I should see loc or sec on the display I'm confused because how is that possible with no power to my head unit ? Plz help

Hi there. It sounds like you may have blown radio fuse. After some research, I found that the radio fuse is most likely in the right side instrument panel fuse block. Locate and inspect the fuse with a digital volt/ohm meter. If you do not find supply voltage on both sides, then the fuse is likely blown; probably due to an unseen/noticed short during a repair. Replace the fuse and recheck for supply voltage on both sides of the fuse and at the radio connector. If the connector does not have voltage, then there is either an open circuit/broken wire or it may be installed incorrectly. If voltage is available, reseat the connector in the radio to make sure the connector is all the way in and providing a good connection; slightly tug at the wires to check for loose terminals and correct as necessary. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid any additional concerns from occurring or replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a radio does not work inspection.

• I have no power at all to my factory radio. I've disconnected battery n waited got nothing all my fuses are good an still nothing