Q: I have no compression Hyundai tiburon

6 months ago my husband got rod knock in his car. He went to a shop and they did his engine, the put new pistons and everything in it. He put everything back into the car and now there is no compression AT ALL. He has printed his car manual and they have put the timing belt on to the T so there shouldn't be any problem with that but it still won't start.

Hi Sarah. Thanks for contacting us today about the engine issue with your Tiburon. Unfortunately, there are many variables that we simply don’t know, about the damage originally occurred, specifics of what was replaced - and how they were installed to really offer any effective ideas as to what’s causing this problem. Generally speaking, when a cylinder does not create compression, it’s due to either pistons or piston rings that are not correctly sized (or installed backward), the cylinder head not being correctly installed or torqued in the right pattern, or the wrong thickness of head gasket. It’s possible that the hard to start issue is due to a faulty ignition sensor, damaged electrical harness or other fuel system problems. It might be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an onsite inspection, so they can help trace the root source of your problem.

3. I have no compression Hyundai tiburon