Q: I have changed the crank shaft sensor but the car still keeps stalling. What else could be wrong.

asked by on September 12, 2016

When it was changed there was oil on the old crank shaft sensor. Should this be?

Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement $104.59 - $809.88 Get a Quote
Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. You should also try checking the camshaft sensor as this also performs a similar function in that it monitors the camshaft speed which tells the computer how to regulate ignition and fuel injection timing much like the crankshaft sensor. A small bit of oil around or near the sensor is not out of the question, but an excessive amount is not normal and should be looked at for potential oil leaks. To have this addressed, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to the site of the car to diagnose the stalling issue and guide with repairs.