Q: Car was running fine with no problems. Only on first start up I would have to let the car warm up do to a 2005 Nissan Altima

I have been noticing a slight pause in initial start up. I haven't paid much mind to it, just figured it was do to the cold weather. It would hesitate and start up but the engine would shake for a few seconds and then it would run and drive with no issues. I drove it the other day and had no issues. I went to go park in a parking lot and my car stalled without any warning. I attempted to start her back up but it just cranks but won't turn over. What could be the problem /problems that I am experiencing? It is now sitting in a tow lot. Is it worth trying to get the car out and fixing or should I just chalk it up as a loss?

Hi there - stalling while driving indicates a heat-related failure; quite possibly the crankshaft position sensor, ignition module or fuel pump relay. First task is to check for problem codes, whether the Check Engine light is on or not. A fuel-related code would be indicative of the fuel pump relay issue. I recommend a stalling inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Car was running fine with no problems. Only on first start up I would have to let the car warm up do to a 2005 Nissan Altima