Q: Car was running fine with no problems. Only on first start up I would have to let the car warm up do to a 2005 Nissan Altima

I have been noticing a slight pause in initial start up. I haven't paid much mind to it, just figured it was do to the cold weather. It would hesitate and start up but the engine would shake for a few seconds and then it would run and drive with no issues. I drove it the other day and had no issues. I went to go park in a parking lot and my car stalled without any warning. I attempted to start her back up but it just cranks but won't turn over. What could be the problem /problems that I am experiencing? It is now sitting in a tow lot. Is it worth trying to get the car out and fixing or should I just chalk it up as a loss?

Hi there - stalling while driving indicates a heat-related failure; quite possibly the crankshaft position sensor, ignition module or fuel pump relay. First task is to check for problem codes, whether the Check Engine light is on or not. A fuel-related code would be indicative of the fuel pump relay issue. I recommend a stalling inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Car was running fine with no problems. Only on first start up I would have to let the car warm up do to a 2005 Nissan Altima