Q: Would a bad battery cause my check engine light to come on and my windows to not work on my 2014 Chevrolet Malibu

asked by on May 08, 2017

I have a 2014 Chevy Malibu LS. My check engine light is on and the last time it was on, the code that came up was for the battery in the trunk. Yesterday when it came on, I couldn't roll my windows up or down at all at one point. Could the battery need to be replaced and how much would it cost?

Battery Replacement $232.05 - $347.15 Get a Quote

Hello. If the battery is low then it can cause the check engine light to come on and other electrical issues to occur. If the battery is giving you problems then it should be replaced and the computer scanned for codes to see what is going on. If you want to have it replaced, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [replace your battery] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/battery-replacement

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr