Q: I have a 2008 F150 with 53,000 miles on it. A couple of days ago the air stopped blowing cold. Could it be coolant or fuses? Ho

My air conditioning just stopped blowing cold air. The fan works fine. Is this coolant or fuse related. How much does it cost to have the system recharged?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The lack of cold air coming out can most often be related to low refrigerant levels, a failed compressor, or a failed condenser. Each component will need to be tested, as will the level of refrigerant. You can test the compressor by touch to see if it is running. It cycles on and off so you will want to wait if you do not immediately feel it running. You will want to test the refrigerant pressure next, as they do need to be recharged periodically. If needed at that point, you can look into the condenser and start to consider a deeper issues (such as a leak or clog). For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I have a 2008 F150 with 53,000 miles on it. A couple of days ago the air stopped blowing cold. Could it be coolant or fuses? Ho