Q: i have a 2005 ford f150 i washed my truck yesterday and about 15 minutes my truck just stopped working 2 codes cameup p2106 p0720

i washed my truck yesterday and after i got done about 15 minutes later my truck started acting weird like the transmission is going out i can get up to 45 miles a hour but after that my rims go way up then i get it to my house it won't even move i have a scan gage on my truck 2 codes popped up p0720 and p2106 now when i put it in gear it says transmission safe mode

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

P0720 implicates the output speed sensor circuit. P2106 may have set as a consequence of the first code. Based on the codes, a suspicion is water intrusion in any of the wiring or terminals related to the speed sensor. That should be investigated and ruled out first. If you don’t see anything obvious accounting for the fault, you can request a check engine light diagnostic and a certified mechanic from YourMechanic will methodically test the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems to pinpoint the underlying fault. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you get the best possible results.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr