Q: I have a 2005 Chevy impala and today I had a transmission flush but my car is stuck in 1st gear

I have an 2005 Chevy impala and today I had a transmission flush but my car is stuck in 1st gear. What to do?

Hi Herb. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Typically when you are unable to shift into a higher gear with an automatic transmission, it’s because the transmission fluid is low. The automatic transmission is a hydraulic component. It must have the right amount and pressure to shift gears. It is also possible that during your transmission flush that an inner seal may have broken. It could also be a simple item, like a shift solenoid or sensor was moved or the connector is loose. This is common with transmissions with more than 10 years of use. I think the best thing to do in this case is to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an on-site inspection.

3. I have a 2005 Chevy impala and today I had a transmission flush but my car is stuck in 1st gear