Q: I have a 2004 Honda accord ex and my check engine light just came on while I was driving and now it is spitting and sputtering. Wh

I have a 2004 Honda Accord EX and my check engine light came on while I was driving it. When I try to drive it stalls and sputters. I have not had any issue with my car til now. Any advice on what could be the problem?

Inasmuch as the check engine light is on, trouble codes have been stored; those codes usually provide some key clues. Please note, though, that troubles codes are not a diagnostic. Any and all parts referred to in any of the stored trouble codes must be actually tested to determine if they are faulty. Generally speaking, stalling, loss of power and poor acceleration are due to possibilities such as: a faulty mass airflow sensor, faulty camshaft or crankshaft position sensors, worn spark plugs, wires or defective ignition coil(s), inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (clogged fuel filter, injectors, faulty fuel pump or pump circuit), contaminated or old gasoline, defective throttle position sensor, faulty idle air control valve, leaks in the EGR system, intake vacuum leaks, and so forth. Typically, the issue is limited and readily pinpointed, particularly where the failure is not marginal but rather involves a marked loss in performance like that you describe. If you request an engine stalling diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you promptly right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a 2004 Honda accord ex and my check engine light just came on while I was driving and now it is spitting and sputtering. Wh