Q: 2003 Nissan Frontier manual - engaging reverse stalls engine

When I put my truck on reverse it won't move and shuts the engine down. It works great in all forward gears. What could possibly cause this?

Hello - this problem sounds as though your shift linkage is engaging BOTH reverse and a forward gear at the same time - effectively locking up the transmission. This would explain why the engine stalls when this occurs, but works fine in forward gears. Shifter linkage not working properly is a fairly rare problem, at least in this form. I would recommend having your transmission linkage inspected to determine the cause of this problem. A mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs

3. 2003 Nissan Frontier manual - engaging reverse stalls engine