Q: I have a 2003 Cadillac CTS. My engine hesitates then shuts off

I just replaced the cerpentine belt and pully. My enigine wont turn over still. It tries to crank then shuts off on its own. I also replaced the crankshaft position sensor. What could be causing this to happen?

Hi there:

Usually when the vehicle has issues cranking over, it’s not related to the serpentine belt or an ancillary drive belt. In most cases, this is a battery cranking amp issue or an ignition system issue. On the Cadillac CTS, I’d start by downloading an OBD-II error codes that are stored in the computer first. This is typically the first step in a check engine light inspection and should at least pinpoint the source of the starting issues you’re experiencing.