Q: Does my Jetta have a blown head gasket? 2002 VW Jetta

I have a 2002 vw jetta 2.0 i bought 3 weeks ago it dont over heat stays at 190 has very good power runs great had a oil chang same day i bought it looked good 3 days ago i checked my oil and it was gray i took it to monrrows and they said lower intake gasket so i bough intake gasket kitt and 5 qt 5-30 full synthetic and filter after i dropped it off monrrows pulled it in for 10 min. And said they not sure but now think it a blown head gasket idk because it dont over heat it dont smoke and runs great

Hi there - in the absence of extreme indicators of a blown head gasket (milkshake oil, misfiring or coolant mist in the exhaust), we will have to get more sophisticated. Check compression on all cylinders - looking carefully for lower compression on 2 adjacent cylinders. The engine coolant can also be chemically analyzed to check for combustion gases leaking into the cooling system. Watch for coolant loss. If coolant starts disappearing, I recommend a coolant loss inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.