Q: Does my Jetta have a blown head gasket? 2002 VW Jetta

I have a 2002 vw jetta 2.0 i bought 3 weeks ago it dont over heat stays at 190 has very good power runs great had a oil chang same day i bought it looked good 3 days ago i checked my oil and it was gray i took it to monrrows and they said lower intake gasket so i bough intake gasket kitt and 5 qt 5-30 full synthetic and filter after i dropped it off monrrows pulled it in for 10 min. And said they not sure but now think it a blown head gasket idk because it dont over heat it dont smoke and runs great

Hi there - in the absence of extreme indicators of a blown head gasket (milkshake oil, misfiring or coolant mist in the exhaust), we will have to get more sophisticated. Check compression on all cylinders - looking carefully for lower compression on 2 adjacent cylinders. The engine coolant can also be chemically analyzed to check for combustion gases leaking into the cooling system. Watch for coolant loss. If coolant starts disappearing, I recommend a coolant loss inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Does my Jetta have a blown head gasket? 2002 VW Jetta