Q: I have a 2000 Mercedes c230 komp..that had been in fairly good condition..until about 2 weeks ago.

I have a 2000 c230 Mercedes and just recently it starting not cranking up...so my bf tried a couple things and figured it was the fuel pump...after he changed the fuel pump and cleaned out the filter...the car started up! But then it was sounding raggidy and then started overheating out the blue...I took it to a shop at this point and they said I had a blown gasket...now I'm trying to figure out how did I go from fuel pump to blown gasket when my water pump was new not leaking and fuel pump just been replaced???? Could my bf have done something malicious??? Just asking cause this is bizarre and now I have to get a new car or pay 2500-3500...

It’s not likely that the fuel pump had anything to do with this. There may have been some other problem and the fuel pump was not the solution and there was something else at work. If the car really has a blown head gasket, that doesn’t usually happen overnight. You’ll notice bad behaviors that get worse and worse until you get the diagnosis. This might be related to the car’s recent reluctance to start. A head gasket can be a difficult diagnosis to make so it might be worth it to get a second opinion before you spend major money. If you contact YourMechanic, they will send a technician to your home or office to check out your overheating problem and let you know what it is going to take to solve it.

3. I have a 2000 Mercedes c230 komp..that had been in fairly good condition..until about 2 weeks ago.