Q: I have a 1999 Lincoln Town car that is making a rattling sound only when idle. Also my AC went out, it won't even let me turn on th

rattling sound only when idle. AC went out a couple days ago, when trying to turn anything on screen stays blank. Not sure if it's a fuse or blower motor. Dont have manual to find which fuse is for ac and when i look it up none of them are labeled for ac.. Would it be the one that's labeled atc blower motor if so it's a 30amp fuse and it's not blown.

You likely have separate issues going on at once. Your vehicle’s make and model has a history of bad blower motor switches. This is a control that takes driver commands and communicates with the blower motor what speed to run at. This is located between the blower motor and the firewall. It simply plugs in and screws into place. If planning on replacing it at home, I recommend using a repair guide or manual to guide you step by step. As far as the rattle is concerned, you will want to listen carefully and see if you can isolate the area the noise is coming from. There are many components that can rattle. If you would like to have this diagnosed, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the rattling sound and follow through with repairs.

• I have a 1999 Lincoln Town car that is making a rattling sound only when idle. Also my AC went out, it won't even let me turn on th