Q: I have a 1976 Chevy pickup and it has been converted to power steering. When I turn the wheel 3/4 of the way, it turns a little.

I have a 1976 Chevy pickup, and it has been converted to power steering, and when I turn the wheel, it only works a little at the end. It has been sitting in a shed for a while and the pump is full with fluid. Does this sound like a power steering pump issue, or is it the gear box?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. Assuming the pow...

Hi, thanks for writing in. Assuming the power steering worked when the truck was parked, your problem could be the power steering pump internal vanes sticking (which create the hydraulic pressure for "assist", or the over-pressure valve opening up, and not allowing assist pressure. I would recommend a Power Steering Fluid Replacement service from YourMechanic.com to correct this problem. YourMechanic.com can dispatch a mobile, professional mechanic to your location for this repair. Hope this helps and best of luck!