Q: I have a 06 jeep liberty and my left tail light goes in and out when i brake. Sometimes it will work sometime it wont.

I have a 2006 jeep liberty and im having a issue with my left tail light. When i brake it doesnt always light up, it goes in and out, sometimes it lights up sometimes it doenst. The light its self lights up when my lights are on it just doesnt get brighter like its suppose when i brake. I know its not the bulbs and im assuming its not the wiring because the whole light wouldn't work if that was the case correct? Im thinking it might be the brake switch from what i read. What do you think?

Hi There, I believe you are correct in that you have a faulty brake light switch. As you know, when you step on the brake pedal the switch closes, causing the brake light to become brighter. When the switch is bad, this may result in the brake light not working properly in response to pressing on the pedal or in some cases causing problems shifting out of park. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your brake light switch.

3. I have a 06 jeep liberty and my left tail light goes in and out when i brake. Sometimes it will work sometime it wont.