Q: I have a '03 Chrysler Town & Country. The wipers & electronics quit in the rain. Why is this happening?

I have a 2003 Chrysler Town & Country. When I am driving in the rain or hard snow, the wipers and electronics (Windows, AC/Heater, Clock, Radio, and Car Charger) all stop working. The car is still drivable and the headlights stay on. Sometimes if I wait a while everything will come back on, but after 5ish minutes they quit again. This has happened when its a hard rains/snow and also when I'm driving on the interstate. The Alternator, and Battery have both been replaced. The rubber weatherstripping between the hood of the car and windshield is cracked and not sealed all the way. Could this be my problem, or is it something else?

You probably have an intermittent connection, or high resistance in the circuit(s), that is worsened when moisture is present. The way to resolve it is to simply trace the circuit when you have an instance of the "interruption" (tracing when circuit is working might work if a voltage drop of any magnitude is occurring). To trace a circuit effectively requires that you have in hand the factory wiring diagram. You can have a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, perform an electrical circuit/component diagnostic and the mechanic will get this resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a '03 Chrysler Town & Country. The wipers & electronics quit in the rain. Why is this happening?