Q: I have 2004 ford taruras and have codes b1342 and b1596 what does that mean

asked by on May 28, 2017

What does codes b1342 and b1596 mean

Fault code B1342 has to do with the anti-lock brake system. It typically indicates that the ABS control module is faulty. While there is also a possibility of faulty wiring to the ABS control module or even a faulty wheel sped sensor, the faulty control module is the most likely culprit. Your brakes will function normally with the exception of not having the added safety of the anti-lock system. Your wheels can lock up under hard braking and/or on slippery surfaces. Fault code B1596 is there to basically indicate that there is a consistent fault code stored - B1342 in your case - and should disappear once the B1342 fault is repaired and cleared. It might be a good idea to have a certified technician follow the proper diagnostic chart to properly diagnose the system faults.