Q: I have 2004 ford taruras and have codes b1342 and b1596 what does that mean

What does codes b1342 and b1596 mean

Fault code B1342 has to do with the anti-lock brake system. It typically indicates that the ABS control module is faulty. While there is also a possibility of faulty wiring to the ABS control module or even a faulty wheel sped sensor, the faulty control module is the most likely culprit. Your brakes will function normally with the exception of not having the added safety of the anti-lock system. Your wheels can lock up under hard braking and/or on slippery surfaces. Fault code B1596 is there to basically indicate that there is a consistent fault code stored - B1342 in your case - and should disappear once the B1342 fault is repaired and cleared. It might be a good idea to have a certified technician follow the proper diagnostic chart to properly diagnose the system faults.

3. I have 2004 ford taruras and have codes b1342 and b1596 what does that mean