Q: I have 07 impala. Changing battery terminal ends . Have a wire connector clipped to positive battery cable . Whats it for ?

asked by on November 24, 2017

I have a 07 impala . I am changing the battery cables and terminals . No issue with that but there is a 3 wire connector clipped to a black plastic peice that's clipped the positive battery cable coming from under hood fuse box . Not sure what that's for . It doesn't seem to be connected to battery cable internally so I'm confused on why it's clipped to the battery cable for ? The 3 wire clip comes off from a black plastic peice thats clipped on to the battery cable .

It would be very difficult to say what this wire is for if you don’t know the service history of the vehicle. I would try to look for another connector nearby that it may connect to and try to plug it in if you find one. If you don’t experience any issues with the vehicle I would likely disregard this for now.