Q: I got my brake booster replaced that same day I noticed my brake pedal being to high up hard to push up and the shifts no respond

I got a recent brake booster service at a local shop near me, that same day I notice the brake pedal being to high up when I got in my car it was also hard to push down and when I used my shift gears to put it on drive it sounded weird. Like it wasn't properly shifting, as I drove home I let the car ruins for about 20 min. When I tried taking off again the car wouldn't respond when I shifted to put it on drive as I tried taking off no respons just reving up the engine but I was at a stop with no brake on. As soon as I did it again to try to drive off i was able to move but at a small speed of 5miles per hour it wouldn't go any faster. And it sounded like something was holding the car back. As soon as I removed my foot from the gas pedal the car would stop without me even pressing the brake pedal. But the car was still on. I don't know what they did to my car it was 100% perfect until the shop returned it to me.

Hi there. Honestly, I’m somewhat confused as to why the brake booster was replaced by the repair shop, when your vehicle was 100% perfect taking it to the shop. The symptoms you have described are that of a failed brake booster. The repair shop should have the opportunity to correct the problem, I would assume at no charge. The lack of acceleration may be the brakes are applied, without stepping on the brake pedal. I recommend having your vehicle’s high, hard brake pedal be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

• I got my brake booster replaced that same day I noticed my brake pedal being to high up hard to push up and the shifts no respond