Q: I don't think my car is transferring the antifreeze properly through the radiator or the engine.

Ok my car's fluid warning light started blinking when I started to stop and once I stopped it stayed on a more solid but after I accelerate it goes away again then the cycle repeats. It had been time to change my thermostat because it was stuck open so my temperature gauge was always cold and last week the temperature went up to the normal range and I saw steam coming from the coolant reservoir so I changed the thermostat and nothing changed. It still doesn't run hot, it goes to the normal level but I still can see the steam or smoke coming from under the hood once I stop for a while. And there is this part in front of the radiator that is hanging and it looks like some kind of sensor and it's right above this canister looking part right behind the grille on the left side. So I don't know if that has anything to do with my problem. Thanks.

Steam or smoke could be due to escaping coolant, if there is a leak, but such could also be due to leaks of other fluids if those fluids happen to leak onto a hot engine part, such as the manifold, and vaporize. Engine coolant can leak externally through a hose, radiator, water pump, faulty radiator cap, etc. External leaks are typically found by simple pressure testing of the cooling system. Given what you are describing, it is probably best to just simply start with an engine cooling system leak diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you, whatever the cause turns out to be. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

• I don't think my car is transferring the antifreeze properly through the radiator or the engine.