Q: I did my brakes on my santa fe all except the rear passenger rotor. this morning the e brake on the rear passenger side locked up

I did my brakes on my santa fe all except the rear passenger rotor. this morning the e brake on the rear passenger side locked up while leaving my drive-way. Does anyone know why this might be happening??

The cable that you are referring to is made of ordinary steel and thus is subject to a lot of rust and corrosion. If rusted, it is possible that the cable is simply failing to retract in the cable sheath, even though you have released the emergency park. If you would like this e-brake failure to be inspected and resolved, the recommended service is parking brake cable replacement. The responding certified mechanic will inspect the e-brake system and if the cable is faulty, recommend replacement. If the fault is not in the cable, but instead in another system component, of course the mechanic will alternatively identify the other fault. If you have additional questions, do not hesitate to follow up.

3. I did my brakes on my santa fe all except the rear passenger rotor. this morning the e brake on the rear passenger side locked up