Q: I changed out my torque converter and didn't unhook the battery and when I put the transmission back in it spark

I changed out my torque converter and didn't unhook the battery and when I put the transmission back in it sparked an when I get it all put back together to start it cranks but doesn't start an it started before great

A: Vehicle electronics are very sensitive to v...

Vehicle electronics are very sensitive to voltage spikes. Start with checking any and all fuses, particularly those to things like ignition, fuel, and ECU. If all fuses are good, then you will have to start more extensive diagnostics. There should be a fusible link down by the starter that may have burned/blown. They are in place to protect for things like voltage spikes, however, they aren't a guarantee that other vital electronics were not damaged. Check relays for the fuel system, ignition system, etc. The voltage spike may have shorted the the engine control unit and/or the powertrain control module. If you need help having this diagnosed, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your starting issue in order to have the correct repairs done.